- MQDC is committed to technological living solutions that advance the health and well-being of residents, including a solution to improve poor Indoor Air Quality (IAQ), a common but invisible danger that is often ignored by home-owners.
- Research and Innovation for Sustainability Center (RISC) -the research and development division of MQDC - has conducted numerous primary and secondary research studies in the last few years on how best to improve Indoor Air Quality improvement and enhance everyday health & well-being.
- The level of Indoor Air Quality is determined by analyzing the make-up of indoor air and the speed at which that indoor air is replaced by fresh air circulated into the room. Indoor air in occupied rooms with doors and windows shut will, over the course of 4 or 5 hours, become oxygen-poor (O2) and carbon dioxide-rich (CO2,) as the people in the room breathe. Without proper replacement or ventilation, the amount of CO2 in the room will more than double, reaching levels which degrade sleep quality and negatively impact residents' short-term and long-term performance, health and well-being.
- To improve Indoor Air Quality and address this "invisible danger," MQDC is integrating Energy Recovery Ventilation (ERV) technology as one of the key elements of its new Home Intelligent System at upcoming real-estate development projects.
- Whizdom Station Ratchada - Thapra will be the first residential project in Thailand to feature technology systems focused on Heath & Well-Being, including ERV and other features which can be controlled by the mere touch of a finger.
- Another Home Intelligent System feature will be the Energy Measurement Unit (EMU) which will summarize and report energy consumption on daily, monthly and yearly basis, enabling residents to monitor energy consumption through smart devices.
Bangkok, 22 June 2017, Magnolia Quality Development Corporation Limited (MQDC), an international developer of quality residential and mixed-use real-estate projects and the owner of the Magnolias and Whizdom brands, unveils a 'Fully-Integrated Home Intelligent System for Well-Being,' a living solution developed through MQDC's brand DNA and development philosophy, "Sustainnovation" and supported by the latest technology that aims to improve everyday health & well-being and quality of life.
A key feature of the Home Intelligent System is the Energy Recovery Ventilation or ERV, a device which improves poor Indoor Air Quality (IAQ), a common but invisible danger that is often ignored by home-owners and can cause poor sleep, fatigue and long-term health effects. Poor Indoor Air Quality can be impossible to detect, and is particularly prevalent in places, like Thailand, where apartment doors and windows are kept shut to maintain cool and dry indoor environment. The air quickly becomes poor in oxygen and rich in carbon-dioxide as residents breathe, and after 4 to 5 hours without ventilation, the carbon dioxide levels will more than double, reaching alarmingly high amount.
Dr. Jittapat Choruengwiwat, Vice President, MQDC's Research and Innovation for Sustainability Center (RISC), cites recent research from International Centre for Indoor Environment and Energy, Department of Civil Engineering, Technical University of Denmark (http://orbit.dtu.dk/fedora/objects/orbit:134384/datastreams/file_a24346bd-b582-483e-b3f4-2efbc42682aa/content) showing the detrimental effects of poor Indoor Quality Air.
"Many of us live in a confined air-conditioned space almost full time, whether at work or home, day and night. Most air-conditioning systems merely recycle the indoor air without replacing that air with fresh air from outdoors, so that we become exposed to high-levels of CO2 as our bodies convert the oxygen in the air to carbon-dioxide.
Our research shows that in a typical Thai one-bedroom apartment, CO2 will almost double overnight to 1500ppm, far higher than the 800ppm that the World Health Organization recommends. In the near-term this "invisible danger" can result in poor sleep and work performance, while long-term exposure can cause many adverse effects, such as dementia in elderly adults or delayed development in young children," Dr. Jittapat added, "The ERV feature in MQDC's Home Intelligent System regularly monitors CO2 levels in living room and bedroom. When the system detects that CO2 in the monitored space is approaching alarming levels, the system automatically activates the ERV feature to circulate fresh oxygenated air into the room from outside and until the CO2 level is suitable for better health and well-being. Even without ERV system, everyone can improve room ventilation by changing a small routine habit to release CO2 and increase O2 level by merely leaving the door, window or in-room fan slightly ventilated."
ERV is one of the key features of Home Intelligent System that will be a standard installation at the Whizdom Station Ratchada -Thapra project -scheduled to launch in the Q3 of 2018. The system will be Thailand and MQDC's first residential project to fully integrate IAQ improvement to enhance health & well-being, quality of life as well as convenient lifestyle.
MQDC is proud to be the first residential real-estate developer to focus on Indoor Air Quality - IAQ improvement, embracing MQDC's core commitment to enhancing health & well-being and quality of life in the most sustainable manner.
Mr. Songpol Polruth, Senior Vice President of Information Technology, DTGO Corporation Limited (DTGO), noted another key feature of MQDC's Home Intelligent System - the 'Energy Measure Unit' or EMU. "EMU is an automatic notification system that displays energy consumption directly, via the internet, on mobile or smart devices on daily, monthly and yearly basis. You can set the predetermine energy consumption targets based on previous utility bills, and the system will send notifications about the energy consumption status once the target is reached. The EMU system is an innovative way to raise awareness of energy consumption, offer ways to control and engage with the residents in a tangible manner on daily basis.
Mr. Polnut Chalermwan, CEO, Obotrons Corporation Limited - MQDC's technological and innovative partner in design and development of Home Intelligent System. Obotron is a category expert whose mission was to turn RISC's research studies and ideas into reality, by embracing technology and innovation and integrate and install the systems necessary to deliver requisite optimization that truly creates sustainability, enables quality living solutions and improves health & well-being.
About Magnolia Quality Development Corporation (MQDC)
Magnolia Quality Development Corporation Limited is a subsidiary of DTGO Corporation Limited (DTGO), tasked to develop, invest in and provide real-estate management services to detached residential, condominium and mixed-use projects. MQDC develops quality residential and mixed-use projects under Magnolias and Whizdom brands.
Through its mission to improve quality living for all, MQDC puts emphasis on research and development in creating products and quality innovation to consumers as well as the ecosystems that support environmental-friendly living and added value to surrounding communities.
MQDC is determined to operate with concerns about all living things on Earth, advancing this agenda through sustainable development for the benefit of society and good quality of life for all. For more information, visit www.mqdc.com.
For more information or media contact:
Magnolia Quality Development Corporation Limited (MQDC)
Ms. Pantamas Krikul
VP, Corporate Communications & Stakeholder Relations
Corporate Marketing & Communications Department
T: 02 714 1451 # 2601
M: 094 746 3236, 095 207 9360
E: [email protected]