8 May 2020, Bangkok – Dr. Karndee Leopairote, Chief Advisor to the FutureTales Lab by MQDC, spoke on the “New Normal” and future urban living after COVID-19 on Facebook Live: Techsauce.
Dr. Leopairote outlined wide-ranging effects across 6 areas.
1. Social structure – Cross-border connections will lead to new global lifestyles.
2. Emotion crisis – People will move to a Touchless Society, shunning contact.
3. Adaptation of children to new social structure – Online learning will affect social relations and teamwork.
4. Work from home more than co-working – Working from home can be at least as effective as office work, changing urban lifestyles.
5. Lockdown – The lockdown will alter attitudes to public health, economic impact, and social responsibility for everyone to take care of themselves and others.
6. Lay-off – Redundancies will be in 3 categories: 1. Tourism, 2. Freelancing, 3.Office Work.
Enjoy the full interview here: https://www.facebook.com/651699931624315/posts/2727998480661106/